7.03.2013

Ten Pin Linky: Reading!


Hey, y'all! I'm linking up with Just Reed
 to share my top ten *reading* pins!


Click the pics to go to the pins in Pinterest!



{1}  Story Trays

Students can sequence pictures or sentences from stories.


       


{2} Fiction vs. Nonfiction

Sort text and/or pictures.




{3} Sticky Note Retelling




{4} Main Idea

Students guess what the main idea could be based on the pictures.  Great way to introduce this skill!




{5} Cross-Checking

Great visual reminder!




{6} Story Elements

Awesome poster to display!




{7} Sticky Note Story Elements

I love sticky notes! :)  Students can contribute as a whole group or let small groups make their own posters.




{8} Teach a puppy to read!

Cute activity for practicing sight words!




{9} Where's the bear?

Fun game for sight word practice.



    
{10} Reader Respect

I like the idea of using "reader respect" as the title.  I had the exact same rules on a chart last year, but I think having the word *respect* would help remind the students WHY they are doing these things.




Now, go link up with Just Reed and share your favorite reading ideas!



Happy Summer!

1 comments:

resource room roundabout said...

I came a cross your blog from the 10 pin linky party. I love your list. I had not come across a handful of them. I have repined and am following you know. I loved 1- the trays, number 4- main idea, and 7-sticky note elements. I will be using all of those in my classroom next year.

Katie

Post a Comment