7.11.2011

Mrs. Bee's Parent Involvement Linky Party

Mrs. Bee is having a linky party to discuss parent involvement!



Here are a couple of things I do to encourage parents to get involved:

I send home notes for parents to sign up to be Mystery Readers.  Mystery Readers come in on Friday afternoons.  Each day throughout the week we uncover a "clue" our Mystery Reader has left us.  The clues start off hard and get easier so that on Friday the clue given makes one of the kids say, "It's my Mom/Dad!".  It is soooo funny!  They get so excited!

I also send home simple monthly projects.  For example, in October parents can help their child decorate a pumpkin, November they disguise a turkey, December they make Santa a new suit, etc.

Head over to Mrs. Bee's KinderGarden to link up!  Click below to share your ideas!!


2 comments:

Mrs. Bee said...

Great ideas!! I love having the family projects, they come back so creative and I love knowing the kids did them with the whole family, it makes is special!! I've never done mystery reader, what a great idea! I'll have to steal that one :)

Thanks for linking up!

Mrs. Bee
Bee's KinderGarden

Jennifer Gibson said...

Love the idea of the Mystery Reader! I may try that this year! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer
http://3rdgradelearners.blogspot.com

Post a Comment