9.08.2012

Tattle Poster - FREEBIE!

Hey everyone!  Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.  Mine has been spent cleaning, doing laundry, and of course, catching up on more school stuff. :)

I'm still exhausted each day...27 students will do that to you.  I feel for everyone out there with a big group of firsties (or any grade level!).  Even though we're getting better at following rules and routines...the amount of tattling has escalated!!  

We're going to have some lessons this week on tattling vs. reporting.

I made this poster to help my students remember what to tell and what not to tell.  :)

Click the image to download your copy!


A few explanations:  

I used a heart with a band-aid for "someone is hurt" to remind them that someone can be physically hurt or their feelings might be hurt. :(

The "just an accident" is for all those times someone accidentally bumps into someone or someone steps on someone's hand at the carpet or someone breathed on someone.....I could go on and on.  

Kelso's Choices are different ways to handle situations before going to the teacher.  I found it on Pinterest.  I just "Googled" it to find the wheel of choices.


Hope someone can use the poster!  Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Teach With Laughter said...

LOVE the poster!
Teach With Laughter

Dancing into First said...

I love that tattling poster, so great!!

Dynelle
http://firstgradefunmrsdunn.blogspot.ca/

Joanne said...

Thank you - great idea!!!

sm said...

I love the poster, too, and thanks for the freebie! I'm wondering if you could change the "It was just in accident" to "It was just an accident," because I was unable to change it in docs. Thanks for considering this! :) I would love to use it with my students! I think it's great!! :)

Mrs. D said...

I will definitely fix that error and repost it tomorrow! Thanks for letting me know...I did not realize it! :)

Mrs D said...

Hi, I just found you through Pinterest and am your newest follower.

I love your reporting poster, I saw something like that at a teacher conference several years ago, it's how I try to explain it too!

Mrs. D @ Reading with Mrs. D

Felicia said...

I really like this poster. I was wondering there is a way for you to edit it slightly for me or would that be to much trouble? Thanks!

Felicia

Asma Jawed said...

Wow! This is what I was looking for! Thank You!

Bright Future Connection said...

This will prove to be a great classroom management tool! Thank you!

Jackie

Amanda Brewton said...

Thanks for posting! I'm going to use this in a summer enrichment program for 3rd graders! :)

Unknown said...

Awesome poster. Thank you!

learningmyself said...

Love the poster! Im going to look for the wheel too! I kind of like that as well! Thanks for sharing! Amy :)

Heather said...

Love this poster. It is perfect - I use Kelso's choices. Have you seen the youtube rap video? My kinders LOVE it!

Post a Comment